Is Java Pure Object Oriented Language?
Carvia Tech | May 05, 2019 | 1 min read | 153 views
What is OOP (Object Oriented Programming) ?
Wikipedia definition OOP
Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a programming paradigm based on the concept of “objects”, which are data structures that contain data, in the form of fields, often known as attributes; and code, in the form of procedures, often known as methods.
Java follows Object Oriented Paradigms except in few cases, which are -
Java has primitive types which are not objects like int, float, char, etc. But Java has added wrapper classes for most of these that can used in Collections Framework like Integer, Double, Character, etc. So Java has support for OOP after these Wrapper classes.
Java 8 added lambda expressions which are like function pointers, they are not typically allowed as per OOP
Popular Object Oriented Languages are - Python, C++, Java, .Net, Ruby, Objective-C, SmallTalk, etc.
But in my opinion, 100% object oriented doesn’t mean much, really !
Top articles in this category:
- What are four principles of OOP, How aggregation is different than Composition?
- Can two threads call two different synchronized instance methods of an Object?
- Diamond Problem of Inheritance in Java 8
- What is Deadlock in Java? How to troubleshoot and how to avoid deadlock
- What is Immutable Class in Java
- What is ThreadLocal in Java, where will you use this class
- Can the keys in HashMap be mutable
Find more on this topic:
Core Java - OOP Concepts, Garbage Collection, Multi-threading, Collections Framework, Java 8 Features, Lambda Functions, Streams.
Last updated 1 week ago
Recommended books for interview preparation:
- Submit Form with Java 11 HttpClient - Kotlin
- Explain Java Exception Class Hierarchy
- Http download using Java NIO FileChannel
- CRC32 checksum calculation Java NIO
- Set precision and scale for a double value in java
- Difference between HashMap, LinkedHashMap and TreeMap
- What is difference between ExecutorService submit and execute method
- What is left shift right shift and unsigned rght shift operator in Java
- What happens when wait() & notify() method are called
- can we write a java method that swaps two integers