What is new in Spring Boot 2
Carvia Tech | May 20, 2019 | 2 min read | 73 views | Spring Boot 2
Whats new in Spring Boot 2
Here are Spring Boot 2 highlights:
Spring boot 2 is liberated from legacy baggage of deprecated Java releases. Java 8 is the minimum baseline, with Java 9 support. Under the hood Spring Boot 2 uses Spring 5.
Reactive web programming support with Spring Webflux. Find out more here
Auto-configuration and starter POMs for reactive Spring Data Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase and Redis.
Supports embedded Netty, along with HTTP/2 support for Tomcat, Undertow and Jetty.
Kotlin us supported in Spring Boot 2, along with Junit 5. Now you can write Spring Boot 2 application from scratch in Kotlin. https://kotlinlang.org/docs/tutorials/spring-boot-restful.html
A brand new actuator architecture, with support for Spring MVC, WebFlux and Jersey.
Simplified security auto-configuration.
Uses Spring Framework 5 under the hood.
Gradle 4 required, works well with Gradle 5.
You can head to https://start.spring.io/ to start creating a new Spring Boot 2 based project.
Migrating from older versions
This migration guide can help if you are planning to upgrade from Spring Boot 1.5 to 2.x:
Top articles in this category:
- Setting a Random Port in Spring Boot Application at startup
- Custom banner in spring boot
- Running Spring Boot app as a service in unix
- Spring Boot 2.0 Reactive Web Performance Metrics
- Run method on application startup in Spring Boot
- Prevent Lost Updates in Database Transaction using Spring Hibernate
- Basic Auth Security with Spring Boot 2
Find more on this topic:
Spring Framework - MVC, Dependency Injection, Spring Hibernate, Spring Data JPA, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud for Microservices Architecture.
Last updated 1 week ago
Recommended books for interview preparation:
- Java 8 date time JSON formatting with Jackson
- AWS SDK 2.0 - S3 File upload & download in Java
- Retrofit vs FeignClient on Server Side with Spring Cloud
- Feign exception propagation in Spring Cloud
- File Upload in Spring MVC using RestTemplate with ByteArrayResource & FileSystemResource
- Integrating non-JVM apps into Spring Cloud using Sidecar approach
- Creating AWS Lambda in Kotlin using Spring Cloud Function
- What is new in Spring Boot 2
- Invoke AWS Lambda from a Kotlin Client
- Invoking AWS Lambda from a Java Client
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.