What are different types of NoSql databases in general?
Upasana | April 24, 2019 | 1 min read | 4 views | algorithm-datastructures
Different Types of NoSql databases
Relational databases are used for transactional needs (storing financial data, reporting requirements, etc.)
Documented oriented databases are used for documents oriented needs (for e.g. Product Catalog). Documents are schema free so changes in the schema can be accommodated into application without much headache.
- Cassandra/Amazon DynamoDB
Key-value pair based database (User activity tracking, Analytics, etc.). DynamoDB can store documents as well as key-value pairs.
In memory distributed database (user session tracking), its mostly used as distributed cache among multiple microservices.
Graph DB (social connections, recommendations, etc)
Top articles in this category:
- What are Best Practices for Using Amazon DynamoDB?
- How will you ensure that no two threads update the same db record in parallel in amazon DynamoDB
- What is Eventual Consistency in DynamoDB?
- What are Conditional Writes in AWS DynamoDB
- Scan all records of a Amazon DynamoDB table using a Java Code
- AWS DynamoDB Java interview questions
- How to implement Atomic Counters in DynamoDB for high throughput
Recommended books for interview preparation:
Find more on this topic:
No SQL design and development - Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL document DB.
Last updated 1 week ago