Java topics covered in Investment Banking Interviews (Morgan Stanley, Barclays, RBS, UBS, BlackRock)
Topics covered in Investment Banking Interview includes -
- Java Basics
OOP Principles, Overriding (knowledge of all Rules), exception handling, garbage collection algorithms, Immutability concepts, Serialization concepts.
Internals of ArrayList, HashMap, Concurrent HashMap details, HashSet, PriorityQueue details, etc. Big O Time and Space complexity of various operations
- Multi-threading and Concurrency
Basics of Synchronization, Concurrency API introduced in Java 5, Producer Consumer Problem.
Algorithms, Data Structures & Design Patterns
- Algorithms & DS
List, Queue, Binary Tree, Binary Search Tree, hashing techniques, Time and Space Complexity measurements of custom algorithms. Some knowledge of sorting and searching algorithms - at least their comparison.
- Design Patterns
Singleton, Factory, Decorator, Listener, Command Design Patterns etc.
Working knowledge of Spring Core, Spring-MVC, Active MQ, Restful Webservices.
Hibernate/JPA, ORM concepts (JPA inheritance strategies, Entity Relationship with examples - OneToOne, OneToMany, ManyToMany), Transaction Management, Handling concurrent updates in database, etc.
Working knowledge of RDBMS and SQL, Database indexing, Outer and Inner Join, performance tuning of queries, etc.
Familiarity with Unix commands - find a running process, kill a process, grep, vi, tasklist, systemd, tailing logs etc.
Investment Banking Java Interview Questions & Answers
Top articles in this category:
- Morgan Stanley Java Interview Questions
- BlackRock Top Java Interview Questions: Investment Banking Domain
- Top 50 Multi-threading Java Interview Questions for Investment Banking Domain
- RBS Java Interview Questions
- UBS Top 10 Java Interview Questions
- Citibank Java developer interview questions
- Sapient Global Market Java Interview Questions and Coding Exercise
Find more on this topic:
Recommended books for interview preparation:
- Use ExecutorCompletionService to compute results from 5 different datasources in parallel
- Sapient Global Markets important topics in Java
- Cracking Spring Microservices Interviews - question bank
- Cracking core java interviews - question bank
- What do you understand by Big O Notation
- Sapient Fee Calculator: Coding problem in Java
- find single repeating number from a big array
- How will you check if a given sentence is a pangram
- Explain Unix File Permissions
- What is difference between Primary key and Unique Key
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.