Java topics covered in Investment Banking Interviews (Morgan Stanley, Barclays, RBS, UBS, BlackRock)
Carvia Tech | May 05, 2019 | 1 min read | 296 views | investment banking
Topics covered in Investment Banking Interview includes -
- Java Basics
OOP Principles, Overriding (knowledge of all Rules), exception handling, garbage collection algorithms, Immutability concepts, Serialization concepts.
Internals of ArrayList, HashMap, Concurrent HashMap details, HashSet, PriorityQueue details, etc. Big O Time and Space complexity of various operations
- Multi-threading and Concurrency
Basics of Synchronization, Concurrency API introduced in Java 5, Producer Consumer Problem.
Algorithms, Data Structures & Design Patterns
- Algorithms & DS
List, Queue, Binary Tree, Binary Search Tree, hashing techniques, Time and Space Complexity measurements of custom algorithms. Some knowledge of sorting and searching algorithms - at least their comparison.
- Design Patterns
Singleton, Factory, Decorator, Listener, Command Design Patterns etc.
Working knowledge of Spring Core, Spring-MVC, Active MQ, Restful Webservices.
Hibernate/JPA, ORM concepts (JPA inheritance strategies, Entity Relationship with examples - OneToOne, OneToMany, ManyToMany), Transaction Management, Handling concurrent updates in database, etc.
Working knowledge of RDBMS and SQL, Database indexing, Outer and Inner Join, performance tuning of queries, etc.
Familiarity with Unix commands - find a running process, kill a process, grep, vi, tasklist, systemd, tailing logs etc.
Investment Banking Java Interview Questions & Answers
Top articles in this category:
- Multi-threading Java Interview Questions for Investment Bank
- Morgan Stanley Java Interview Questions
- BlackRock Top Java Interview Questions: Investment Banking Domain
- RBS Java Programming Interview Questions
- UBS Java Interview Questions
- Citibank Java developer interview questions
- Goldman Sachs Java Interview Questions for Senior Developer
Find more on this topic:
Interview - Product Companies, eCommerce Companies, Investment Banking, Healthcare Industry, Service Companies and Startups.
Last updated 1 week ago
Recommended books for interview preparation:
- Spring Boot with GMAIL SMTP
- Mandrill emails in Spring Boot Java
- Hibernate & Spring Data JPA interview questions
- Generating cryptographically strong key/secret in Java
- Reverse the bits of a number and check if the number is palindrome or not
- MD5 and SHA256 in Java Kotlin and Android
- There is no PasswordEncoder mapped for the id
- Inter-thread communication in Java
- What are different thread states in Java
- Static method synchronization aka Class Lock in Java